Tuesday, April 28, 2015

lemon white chocolate scones

I still have a bags of lemons and blood oranges in my refrigerator. Maybe it’s the Minnesota in me, but I never quite believe spring is really here until April is over and done. After years filled with brief moments of blissful warm followed by weeks of dreary cold rain mixed with snow, I don’t trust this ‘second’ month of spring. So the citrus stays a little bit longer. If you’ve followed along here long enough, you know I have a thing for scones. This white chocolate and lemon combination is inspired by Erin Alderson’s new book, The Easy Vegetarian Kitchen. Her scones contain poppy seeds, but lately I’ve been intrigued with white chocolate, and decided to see how it paired with lemon. The marriage has my blessing. Lemon White Chocolate Scones These scones are inspired by Erin Alderson’s The Easy Vegetarian Kitchen, and America’s Test Kitchen’s amazing scone folding technique. The white chocolate can get a little scorched on the bottom of the scone, but it still tastes delicious. I ended up deviating from Erin’s recipe quite a bit, only because I was baking three things at once, forgot [...]

from The Vanilla Bean Blog http://ift.tt/1J6ExdF

No comments:

Post a Comment