Thursday, January 28, 2016

chocolate chip cookies: the year of the pulse

January is almost over, and I’ve officially caught my first cold of 2016. Somehow I squeaked through the first half of winter without one, but alas, I’m currently curled up on the couch with a box of kleenex. This means, however, I can perhaps do some catch up in internet land. It’s been slow around here (you, ah, might have noticed) as I’ve been finishing up work on my cookbook. A little bit of blog news: The United Nations has declared 2016 the International Year of the Pulse, and I’ve just taken the Pulse Pledge, committing to eat pulses once a week for the next year. Pulses are beans, chickpeas, lentils and dried peas; leguminous crops that are good for your health and good for the environment. I’ll be posting recipes involving them periodically this year, incorporating pulses not only in my savory cooking, but baking recipes as well. That may sound scary, but I promise it’s not.   I was interested in the Pulse Pledge for two reasons. First, writing a cookbook based completely on sweet treats means my diet this past year has been less than stellar. Of course, we [...]

from The Vanilla Bean Blog http://ift.tt/1KedMsV

No comments:

Post a Comment