Friday, May 13, 2016

My Favorite Grocery Store Splurge Items

Grocery Store Splurge Items

I’ll find any excuse to treat myself.  Actually, my whole system of self-adulting is based on an intricate balance of tasks and rewards to keep myself motivated and happy.  I pay a bill, I get a chocolate.  I buy a house, I get a jar of raw honey (and a fancy couch).  I make it to Thursday, why not treat myself to a jar of fancy mayonnaise?  It’s a very deliberate system that involves chocolate, lip glosses, fancy bath salts and usually means that I get my taxes paid and keep the lights on.  

Since we’ve all made it to Friday, I’m absolute certain that we’re all well due to treat ourselves.  Here are some of my go-to grocery store treats from me to me.   At least one of these winds up in my basket alongside a bag of spinach and fish stick dinner.  

•   Harvest Snap Pea Crisps  You’re going to need more than one bag because you’ll eat one bag in the car on the way home from the grocery store.  I’m sorry it’s true.  

•  We’ve earned a weekend bath and I’ve been loving this The Seaweed Bath Co. Bath Powder lately.  Just think of cleaning up the tub after the bath as an extra workout… that then deserves a chocolate reward.  

•  I’ve taken to sprinkling Wildflower seed packs in my backyard and seeing what happens.  Talk to me in three weeks.  I may be overrun in the most beautiful way possible. 

•  Ok… it takes a lot of expensive dental work to think that Floss Sachets are a treat.  But… if you’ve ever had a root canal and you never want to have a root canal again?  YAY FLOSS! 

•  This little nugget of chocolate heaven is exactly the ticket in time of deep-treat need:  Lack Champlain Peanut Butter Chocolate 

 Sriracha Arare Rice Crackers are spicy and crunchy and really great to stress eat, and while we should all have better coping mechanisms that eating out stress… sometimes it’s nice to have these crackers in your purse just in case you’re human. 

 White Gold Honey is creamy and beautiful and really wonderful in the Turmeric Tonic for soothing moments of reward and success.  

•  One bag frozen tater tots plus one bottle Chipotle Mayonnaise.  Done.  Sir Kensington’s makes the best condiments hands all the way down.  

 Sea Salt and Turbinado Sugar Chocolate Covered Almonds.  These are a dangerous game, my friends. They go down by the handful.  

Treats for all of us.  They don’t call it Splurgin’ Friday for nothin’!

xo Joy



from Joy the Baker http://ift.tt/24PsGMA

No comments:

Post a Comment