Thursday, October 29, 2015

Sweeter off the Vine

Sweeter off the Vine: Fruit Desserts for Every Season by Yossy Arefi

Book writing is a strange process for someone used to the pace of blogging. By the time my book, Sweeter off the Vine: Fruit Desserts for Every Season is out there in the world, in people's kitchens, I will have been working on it for nearly two years. Two years spent at the market and at the stove, two years of stretchy pants and a constantly overflowing pantry and refrigerator. I have been holding it so close to my chest, for so long that it is strange, and frankly a little bit scary to put it out there to share with you all. But here we are, it has a title, cover, and table of contents, and I am so excited for you all to see it!

I realize now that I have been holding this book so close, that I haven't even told you all what it is about. I'm sure you have an idea, considering what I predominately share on this blog, but my book is all my favorite topic, FRUIT DESSERTS! It is packed full of recipes for cakes and crumbles and buckles and tarts and ice cream and a couple of fruit preserves too because I just couldn't resist adding a few of those. Then at the end, is a recipe packed full of basic recipes for my favorite whole grain and traditional pie crusts, tart shells, and larder items that hopefully will inspire you to make up some fruit desserts of your own. The recipes range from simple, easy weeknight treats to layer cakes and pies that are fit for celebrations, hopefully a little something for everyone no matter your cooking and baking experience. 

It is straight-up packed with photos too, over 100 of them in fact! During the time I was writing the book, I visited the farmer's market a couple of times per week, and had my eyes peeled for fruit growing on the vine everywhere I went. I traveled to Seattle last summer and toured the gorgeous network of community gardens, and even road tripped down to Oregon to take some photos for the book. My favorite photos are the photos of fruit growing on the vine, I hope that you'll love them too!

Sweeter off the Vine: Fruit Desserts for Every Season is available for pre-order now! I'll be back soon with more details and sneak peeks, but for now, you can preorder through any of the links below. 

Amazon - Barnes and Noble - IndieBound - Google Books - iBooks

Thank you, as always, for your support.

❤︎ Yossy



from Apt. 2B Baking Co. http://ift.tt/1XCocVZ

No comments:

Post a Comment