Monday, December 7, 2015

chocolate mint cream cake

Usually the holiday season is my favorite time of year. Everything seems a bit more sparkly in December with two littles in my life: decorating, cookie baking, listening to Christmas music is all seen through innocent eyes. The only concern at this point is being good enough to make Grandpa’s Santa’s list, and to be reminded that really, this is the season of giving. Glancing at any newspaper or random feed tells me otherwise, of course. ‘Merry’ and ‘bright’ might be the last words I would use to describe daily events. ‘Messy’ and ‘heart-breaking’ come to mind, as neighbor turns against neighbor, and comment sections on any and every news article is riddled with hateful outbursts. I want to disengage, but it’s impossible to ignore. I want to do something, but it all seems so out of my control. So I hum along to the poets. Let your heart be light, they sing. Love your neighbor as yourself, they sigh. We have forgotten that we belong to each other, they whisper so softly. Have yourself a merry little Christmas | Let your heart be light Chocolate Mint Cream Cake A few notes: [...]

from The Vanilla Bean Blog http://ift.tt/1R6paZP

No comments:

Post a Comment