Thursday, April 28, 2016

hazelnut cake with crème mousseline and chocolate buttercream

“PHOSPHORESCENCE. Now there’s a word to lift your hat to… to find that phosphorescence, that light within, that’s the genius behind poetry.” – Emily Dickinson (I apologize for the short post. I’m currently working on my first pass for my book, and don’t have time to talk today. But! I do have this hazelnut cake recipe that I hope makes up for my lack of words. Have a lovely weekend, dear friends.) Hazelnut Cake with Crème Mousseline and Chocolate Buttercream We made a version of this cake at the Blue Heron Coffeehouse, but used pecans instead of hazelnuts, and an orange filling and frosting. After using hazelnuts in the Dacquoise, I’ve been putting them in everything. The cake layers are very fragile, and since they are made with mostly nuts, they do not have the fluffy texture of a regular cake, there is a bit more ‘chew’ to them. But the cake tastes incredible paired with the mousseline and buttercream. The cake layer tops will sink in a bit and the cake will pull from the sides as it bakes (see above photo); you may have to cut the layers around the edges to [...]

from The Vanilla Bean Blog http://ift.tt/1TyHx8L

No comments:

Post a Comment