Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Winner of Your Best Mash-Up Recipe

Congratulations to Leith Devine, whose Banh Mi Soft Tacos won the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe

Banh Mi Soft Tacos

1. Describe an early food experience that has influenced the way you think about food and/or cooking.

I have always traveled extensively, and when I was younger my mother always took me into grocery stores wherever we were because she said that was the best way to see what local people really ate. I still go to grocery stores whenever I travel, and I have an interesting collection of spices, marinades, etc., that I use in my cooking at home.

2. What's your least favorite kitchen task? 

My least favorite task? Doing the dishes and peeling potatoes.

3. Your favorite kitchen tool? 

A tie between my KitchenAid mixer, a large oval Le Creuset pot, and my outdoor smoker/oven.

Banh mi soft tacos Leith Devine

4. What is your idea of comfort food?

Chicken in milk (my way, I should post it).

5. What is your greatest kitchen disaster?

Still very chewy (uncooked!) and separated scalloped potatoes at Thanksgiving!

Photos of tacos by Alpha Smoot; photo of Leith Devine provided by herself



from Food52 http://ift.tt/1QQj5By

No comments:

Post a Comment